Wednesday, April 1, 2009

My Duck eggs were shipped out!!

Wednesday, March 18, 2009-
I just got exciting news, my eggs were shipped and should be here by Friday!! I'm trading Graphic Design in trade for Pekin Duck Eggs! He is sending me a dozen, and emailed me that he included some extra in case any break during shipping! I cant wait to get them!! Im so nervous!

Today I am working on the humidity. The humidity has to be around 80% for duck eggs but my incubator is only holding around 40% so far. The water rings in the bottom alone arent producing enough humidity so I've added two plastic cups of water, and two most washcloths. The cups are on the left and right sides, and the washcloths are on the front and back sides. Now the humidity is 70%. It's still not high enough but I will mist the eggs after Day 6 which will increase the humidity.

No comments:

Post a Comment