Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Finally regulated!

Tuesday, March 17, 2008-
Yesterday I was having problems with regulating the temperature, and eventually got so frustrated that I just shut it off! Someone who uses the Little Giant regularly told me to turn the knob to the highest setting, and then slowly decrease it from there. Originally I was doing the opposite, I was slowly increasing it from the lowest setting. So I took their advice and turned the knob to the highest setting and left the incubator for a few hours. When I checked back the temperature was 120 degrees! I put my hand down on the outside, and the outer screw actually burned me! I opened the lid to let the hot air out, and lowered the knob about half way. After this I had the temperature set at 92 degrees, but I needed it to be 99-100 degrees. When I would turn the knob to higher the temperature, the temperature would drop instead. I couldn't figure out why the heat was decreasing rather than increasing. At this point I was sure I broke it! I shut it off before I went to bed, and figured I'd start over in the morning.

I have to operate the incubator upside down because I don't want the cord to hang down the front of it. When went to plug it in again the next morning I realized because of this I was turning the thermostat knob the wrong way! After realizing this I regulated the temperature to 99 degrees in about an hour!

No comments:

Post a Comment